Table of contents
- 1 Credit Cards that allow you to convert the points you earn Flying Blue (Air France)
- 2 What is the best credit card to earn Flying Blue Miles?
Do you travel a lot to Europe ? I ask this question because sometimes, it can cost you less Miles to travel from the U.S. to many destinations in Europe. And don’t forget, starting 2021, US Citizen will need an ETIAS to travel to Europe.
For example, sometimes Delta Airline, member of SkyTeam as Air France, can cost the double of Miles than Air France for the same trip.
Credit Cards that allow you to convert the points you earn Flying Blue (Air France)
In the U.S., there are so many credit card issuers that give you the opportunity to convert your points to miles.
American Express, Chase and Citi have some credit cards that allow you to transfer your rewards points to Flying Blue from Air France.
Personal cards to earn or to convert points to Flying Blue
- Citi Premier SM Card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® credit card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- American Express® Gold Card
- American Express® Green Card
- Amex EveryDay® Credit Card
- Platinum Card from American Express®
- Bank of America Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard®
Business cards to earn or to convert points to Flying Blue
- Chase Inc. Business Preferred SM credit card
- American Express® Business Platinum Card®
- American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card
- American Express® Blue Business SM Plus Credit Card
- American Express® Business Green Rewards Card
|Credit card / Programm||Minimm points to transfer||Ratio||You get…|
|Membership Rewards (American Express)||1000||1:1||1000|
|Citi Card (Premium cards)||1000||1:1||1000|
As you can see, there are more than 10 cards in the United States that have a partnership with Air France. They allow you to convert your points to Flying Blue Miles and enjoy a free flight from US to Europe.
Each card has specifications and number of points you can earn. It depends on the spending category : Travel, Dining, entertainment, etc…
Please read carefully before applying to see how many points your can earn per $1 spent. They all give a minimum of 1 Point per $1 spent, except for Bank of America Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard® that allow you to earn directly a minimum of 1.5 Flying Blue Miles per $1 spent.
What is the best credit card to earn Flying Blue Miles?
I want to say: It depends on your spending habits! I have many credit cards and have tried some of the ones I listed on this post. For me, there is 2 cards that are the best to earn Flying Blue Miles.
For Business, my favorite one is Blue Business SM Plus Credit Card from American Express. You earn a minimum of 2 MR Points for each dollar spent and up to $50,000 per year, then 1 MR Point per dollars.
If you have a business, this card has a minimum of 2 MR Points per dollar, no matter the type of purchase you do. If your business spends $50,000 in a year, you will get 100,000 MR Points that you can convert to 100,000 Flying Blue Miles.
Depending on the city you fly out of, you can get up to 2 return flights from New York to Paris, Boston to Paris, Miami to Barcelona… Check offers on the Flying Blue’s website.
As a member of SkyTeam, you can book domestic and international Delta Flight on Flying Blue, directly on the website or over the phone.
For personal use, the best one is for me Bank of America Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard®. You don’t have to make any point transfer. When you apply, you link your Flying Blue account to your credit card and the miles you earn are automatically transferred to your Air France account.
You earn 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all purchases, and 3 Miles per $1 spent directly on Air France, Delta Airlines and SkyTeam member airlines.
|Credit cards||1$ get you a minimum of…*||Ratio||You get…|
|Citi Premier SM Card||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® credit card||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|American Express® Gold Card||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|American Express® Green Card||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|Amex EveryDay® Credit Card||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|Platinum Card from American Express®||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|Bank Of American Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard®||1.5 miles||–||1.5 miles|
|Chase Ink Business Preferred SM credit card||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|Business Platinum Card®||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|Business Gold Rewards Card||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|Blue Business SM Plus Credit Card||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
|Business Green Rewards Card||1 point||1:1||1 miles|
Another advantage of the Bank of America Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard, you get 5,000 Miles every year on your account anniversary. You just have to spend $50 or more on purchases within the anniversary year.
What is the best Welcome Bonus from a Credit Card that you can convert to Flying Blue Miles?
For me, the best cards are the Platinum Card from American Express® and the American Express® Business Platinum Card®.
The welcome bonus can be up to 100,000 MR Points (100,000 Flying Blue Miles) but requires a minimum spending in the first 3 months after the account opening.
It could be a very good beginning to traveling for free. But be careful, you need to build a good credit score before you apply.
Want more Miles ?
First, book your hotels stays with Rocket Miles and earn Miles on each stay ! And with my referral link, you can earn a bonus of 1000 Miles on your first booking.
AMEX Delta Business Platinum
- You can earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles after you make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership
- Earn 2 miles per $ spent on Delta purchases, $1 for on other eligible purchases
- Priority Boarding
- First checked bag free
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee : $199
American Express Blue Business Plus
- Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months
- NO ANNUAL FEE and NO ANNUAL FEE for Additional Cards
- 2X POINTS up for $50 000 spent per year, than 1 POINTS
- Membership Rewards® Points can be transferred to FLYING BLUE 1:1
- PAYMENT FLEXIBILITY
- AMEX OFFERS
American Express Platinum Card
- Earn 60,000 Points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months
- Membership Rewards® Points can be transferred to FLYING BLUE 1:1
- $200 UBER RIDES WITH PLATINUM included
- $200 AIRLINE FEE CREDIT included
- $100 CREDIT FOR GLOBAL ENTRY OR TSA PRE✓
- Access to 1,200+ airport lounges
- Annual fee : $550
I may receive compensation when you click on any AMEX link above. Before applying read carefully all the benefits and informations related to the card.