Table of contents
- 1 Earn Flying Blue Miles by booking hotels
- 2 Earn Flying Blue miles by renting cars
- 3 Open a Bank Of American Air France KLM Credit Card
- 4 Use Flying Blue Stop For Miles
- 5 Claim your missing Flying Blue Miles
- 6 Missing Miles? Buy Miles!
There are tips to earn more Air France Flying Blue Miles faster, even without traveling!
I will try to summarize everything step by step so that everyone can follow my tips. Take 10 minutes to get ready to travel for free or almost more!
Earn Flying Blue Miles by booking hotels
Did you know that you could earn Miles on your hotel bookings? This is possible and there are several ways to benefit from this advantage thanks to Flying Blue partners.
Use Flying Blue Hotels
Visit https://hotelsformiles.flyingblue.com and book your stay on this website and you’ll be reward for each night booked on the website. Below an exemple of my last visit on the website :
For one week in a luxury hotel in Paris, your can earn between 71 000 and 123 000 miles. In the firs case you’ll earn enough Miles for one way flight from New York to Paris, and the second case a return flight. Before you book here, I suggest to compare the price per night with other website like Expedia.com or Google Hotels.
You are not a hotel frequent traveler
Go to the eBookers Flying Blue website to earn 1 Miles for every € 1 spent on this website.
You are a hotel frequent traveler
It’s a very good news ! Now all you have to do is to choose a hotel group, here is a list of partners and the transfer ratio from hotel points to Flying Blue Miles:
- The AccorHotels Club: 2,000 Rewards Points = 1,000 Miles
- Marriott Bonvoy: 3 Marriot points = 1 Miles
- Best Western® Hotels & Resorts = 250 Miles per stay
- Radisson Hotel Group = Up to 500 Miles per stay
- Hyatt & Resorts ™ Hotels = 500 Miles per stay
- InterContinental Hotels = 250 to 500 Miles
- Shangri-La Hotels = 500 Miles per stay
- Taj Hotels = Up to 750 Miles per stay
- My Boutique Hotel = 1 Miles for every € 1 spent
- Worldhotels = Up to 3,000 miles per stay
- Yotel = Up to 500 Miles per stay
Earn Flying Blue miles by renting cars
Here too it is possible to earn Miles without flying! These are the car rental partners of Flying Blue:
- Avis = Up to 900 Miles per rental
- Budget = Up to 1,000 miles
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car = 4 Miles for every $ 1 spent
- Europcar = up to 1,000 miles
- Hertz = 5 Miles for every 1 € Spend, one of the most interesting offers if you rent several days
- Sixt: Up to 1,200 miles
Open a Bank Of American Air France KLM Credit Card
There are so many credit cards in the US that allow you to convert your points to Flying Blue from Air France like City, Chase or American Express. Lunched in 2018, a new credit card from Bank Of American help you earn Miles and XP Points to reach a new Flying Blue Level.
At the opening of the credit card
- Get 25 000 Flying Blue Miles after you spend $1000 in the first 3 months after the account opening
- Get a bonus of 60 XP Points
Each year at the anniversary of your card
- Get 5 000 Flying Blue Miles if you spend at least $50 with your card the year of the anniversary
- Get 20 XP Points
And you can earn 3 Miles for each $1 spend on Air France and KLM and 1.5 Miles of all other purchases.
There is an annual fee of $89 and it worth it for me, got the card this year and I’m very happy to take advantages of Miles and XP the card offers.
Use Flying Blue Stop For Miles
This site offers merchants in France but also elsewhere, if you make purchases in Spain, USA or Netherlands, you could earn additional miles! You must be a Flying Blue member, connected to your account and absolutely go through the links of the site.
Here are some current offers as of March 14, 2019 :
In addition, if you pay for your purchases with an American Express card and some Chase and City cards, you will earn even more Miles by transferring your points to Flying Blue! Go to Shop For Miles.
Claim your missing Flying Blue Miles
Did you forget to give your Flying Blue number when booking or when checking in? No problem !
You can regularize your missing Miles in minutes on all SkyTeam tickets issued in the last 6 months prior to the date you make a claim.
Contact your customer service or go to your online account to do this.
Missing Miles? Buy Miles!
You’re missing a few miles to book the trip of your dreams! Do not panic, Flying Blue can buy miles. In addition, each year several promotions to get a bonus of 10% to 100% of miles when a purchase of Miles, nice no?
Well, you are a Flying Blue member and you think every reservation on a Skyteam flight to mention your membership number? Bravo! You will accumulate status flights and status miles to be able to upgrade to Silver, Gold and Platinum!