Table of contents
As summer approaches, it’s time to take stock and prepare for a perfect tan: healthy, smooth skin that’s also golden from the sun’s warm rays. Tanning is also a very sought-after virtue for men of all ages.
I think it is one of the most sought-after attractions to gain confidence with a bare chest on the beach or by the pool. Let’s take a closer look at what I think is the best way to get tanned skin safely and quickly.
1. Protect your skin to get a safe tan
As strange as it may sound, a safe and even tanning starts with a protection with a suitable sun oil. Please note that we are not talking about a total sunblock that does not let the sun’s UV rays through (often called SPF 50+ cream), but about a sun oil that will only let the sun’s non-harmful rays through.
The SPF 30 index corresponds to this cream which will allow you to tan evenly and without danger for your skin, provided of course that you do not expose yourself for too long (as a general rule, I would say that it is preferable to avoid the period from 12:00 to 16:00 when our sun is the most powerful).
Don’t hesitate to cover your face, neck and the rest of your body, leaving only a thin, non-greasy layer. If you go swimming, I advise you to put some more on as a precaution to protect your skin but also the uniformity of your tan.
Read also 5 after-sun haircare tips for men
2. Skin care with scrubbing and exfoliation
And no, this type of care is not reserved for women, fortunately! The objective here is to perform what is called a light exfoliation to obtain a smooth and clean skin, in order to better let the sun’s rays penetrate. This allows to sublimate the golden tan by repeating the operation at least once a week in order not to aggress the skin.
This also has the advantage of eliminating all dead skin that blocks the tanning effect. In addition to the fact that I tan more easily, I am certain that the golden skin lasts longer, and this in a natural and uniform way on all the parts of the body treated.
3. To obtain a tan, get a diet that help your pigmentation
Here again, we tend to neglect the effect of diet on the epidermis. While many people try to eat healthily to keep their figure when summer comes, certain foods can also promote tanning naturally, without the use of chemicals.
Among the foods most recognized as facilitating tanning, there is the carrot. A real star among vegetarians, carrots, and in particular their juice, are known to give the skin that special color, despite a low level of exposure to the sun. For this to be effective, I recommend taking a glass of carrot juice every morning, before you go jogging or at breakfast time.
But it is not only carrots that allow you to tan more effectively. As a general rule, all colored vegetables and fruits such as peaches or apricots tend to promote pigmentation. These fruits and vegetables are rich in beta-carotene which is a natural pigment. You know what you have to do to get a golden skin color!
4. Moisture your body
Another essential point to get a perfect tan without having to use too many products to stimulate the production of melanin responsible for skin pigmentation: a good daily moisturizing especially in the morning before starting the day. It is well known that you need to drink 1.5 liters of water per day to be in good health. This is also necessary to have a beautiful skin, at any age, and thus take advantage of the heat of the summer to make a small gilding of the epidermis.
From my point of view, the natural hydration of the body must be accompanied by a hydration of the skin with natural products that can be found on the market. Some vegetables are also known to moisturize the skin, such as cucumber, which is applied to the skin.
5. Using a self-tanner to increase your chances
The last technique I would like to highlight to get a perfect tan: self-tanning products can improve the pigmentation of the skin without risk to the epidermis. Generally, this is what we apply a few weeks before going on vacation in order to have a beautiful skin and enjoy sunbathing without pain and risk of sunburn.
- A NATURAL, SUN-KISSED GLOW: Goodbye to orange hues and hello to a natural-looking tan. Our bronzing tanning lotion comes in fair to medium & medium to dark shades for all skin types.
- CLEAN BEAUTY: Trust Beauty by Earth for a natural self tanner organic made with organic aloe vera, shea butter, and botanical extracts without any harmful additives or dyes.
- SUITABLE FOR FACE & BODY: Our organic tanning lotion can be used on both face and body for a seamless, all-over tan. For acne-prone skin, use our tanner lotion for glowing skin.
- OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE: We offer a variety of USA-made best self tanning lotions and formats, including mousse, spray tan, tanning drops, tanning mist, and more. Find your perfect match!
- EASY APPLICATION, NO STREAKS: Our best self tanner for body is easy to apply & goes on clear, without leaving any streaks or patches. You'll have a beautiful, even tan in no time. And no staining your sheets or clothes!
Last update on 2023-12-01 / As an Amazon Partner, I make a profit on qualifying purchases./ Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In general, self-tanners help prepare the skin by stimulating tyrosinase, a vector for melanin generation.
To take full advantage of it, I suggest to shave your body well (shave your back, wax your legs…) and to have a smooth skin to get the maximum of results and therefore get a perfect tan for body one of madness! Ready to flirt all summer?