Table of contents
New Hyatt Credit Card, by Dael Calte
I was wondering if I had to write a blog post about my New Hyatt Credit Card because I was so happy when I got it and I was really impressed about the advantages that I can get with.
This new credit cards is a Chase credit card, so be careful about the rule 5/24 before you apply, because you can be declined even if you have an excellent credit score.
Months after using the New Hyatt Credit Card, here are five reasons why you should have the new he has credit card in your wallet, of course in my own opinion.
Free Hyatt Hotel nights : An excellent welcome bonus
When I applied, the welcome bonus was offering 40 000 Hyatt points, enough to get 1 night in the luxury hotel parc Hyatt PARIS Place Vendôme.
Sometime the price for a regular room for one night can be up to $1500 ! So this welcome bonus worth it. I had to spend $2000 in the first 3 months to be eligible.
Now the ne Hyatt credit card is offering up to 60000 points as a welcome bonus.
Here’s how it works:
- Earn 40,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, a lot of point right ?
- You can earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
It could give you 2 nights at the parc Hyatt in Paris or up to 4 nights in a regular Hyatt hotel. Perfect to plan some holidays !
Earn Hyatt points on all your purchases
With your Hyatt Credit Card, you will earn Hyatt points on all your eligible purchases. Here how it works :
You will earn 9 points in total per $1 spent for Hyatt stays and experiences including restaurants and spas :
- 4 Bonus Points per $1 you spend with your card
- 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member (Register for free here)
2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for :
- getting around with local transit and commuting
- dining out at restaurants, cafes and coffee shops
- taking off with flights purchased directly from the airline (From exemple on Delta.com)
- staying healthy with fitness club and gym memberships
Then, ear 1 Bonus Point per $1 spent for all other purchases.
Get the Discovery status
When you get approved, you will have to wait maybe a few days before you will be automatically upgraded to the Discovery status, from the World of Hyatt Program.
With the Discovery Statut, you will have so many perks and earn a lot of Hyatt points :
- 5 Base Points for every eligible U.S. dollar spent on stays, dining, spa services and more at participating locations
- 10 Base Points for every eligible U.S. dollar spent on FIND experiences
- Base Points for qualifying activity at participating M life Rewards destinations
- In lieu of Base Points, opt to earn miles with our airline partners for stays at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts
- 500 Bonus Points for each Avis car rentals
- Host a qualifying meeting or event at Hyatt and earn one Bonus Point per eligible U.S. dollar spent, up to 50,000 Bonus Points
- Receive 10% Bonus Points on all eligible purchases
Get a free night each year !
Receive one free night at any Category 1–4 Hyatt hotel or resort every year after your cardmember anniversary. You’ll be able to use you free night after receiving your gift certificate. It totally work the annual fee of $99.
No foreign transaction fees
Traveling abroad can cost you a lot of fees if you use your credit card a lot. But with your Hyatt Credit Card, there is not foreign transaction fess ! It means no mather the country or currency you are paying, the amount will be converted to US. dollars without any fee !!!
How to use your Hyatt points ?
As you can see, you can ear a lot of point with the welcome bonus and much more with your spending. But now I will tell you how you can redeem your points and enjoy free nights and more :
- Redeem points for free nights in standard rooms (with no blackout dates) at Hyatt hotels and resorts
- Redeem points for room upgrades, dining, spa services and more
- Share points or free night awards with any World of Hyatt member
- Combine Points + Cash for a stay
- Redeem points for free nights at participating M life Rewards destinations
- Convert points for airline travel and car rental awards, a new way to earn more Delta Skymiles.
How will I use my Signup Bonus of 60 000 points ?
I love to spend time on Internet to check prices and compare. After some research, I value my bonus $1600 approximately (€1480) and I will tell you why and how I find this amount.
I want to stay 2 nights at the luxury hotel Park Hyatt in Place Vendôme, Paris. See below my screenshot, in January, one night cost €740 or 30 000 points. If I use my 60 000 points, I will get the 2 nights for free and I will enjoy a hotel trop of $1600 ! Amazing Right ?
Last word, this card don’t offer Price Protection, so check all the perks before applying to this Hyatt Credit Card from Chase.