Table of contents
The desire to stay young and attractive is shared by many people, both men and women. Unfortunately, time flies and we can’t stop it. However, there are ways to maintain your youth and beauty for longer. Marine collagen has been all the rage for some time now.
But how useful is it? Does this protein really benefit the body? And what results can we hope to achieve with it? If you’d like to know all about marine collagen, we are here to reveal all its secrets!
What is marine collagen?
Marine collagen is a triple-helix protein found naturally in our bodies, derived from the skin and bones of fish, as well as the shells of certain crustaceans. It is produced by our own cells, helping to strengthen the structures that make up our bodies, such as our skin, bones, hair, joints and other body tissues. What’s more, this collagen is considered a safer, healthier alternative to collagen from cattle or pigs, due to its purity and ability to be assimilated by the body.
How is marine collagen actually obtained?
This substance is derived from the tissues of fish, crustaceans and molluscs, mainly extracted from the skin and bones of fish, and sometimes from the shells of certain crustaceans. This extraction method provides a natural, renewable source of collagen. It should be stressed, however, that the process of obtaining marine collagen involves hydrolysis, which involves breaking down the molecules into smaller peptides to facilitate their absorption by the body. Processed in this way, this protein becomes more bioavailable and effective when used in dietary supplements or cosmetic products.
Why take marine collagen as a dietary supplement?
Using marine collagen as a dietary supplement can be beneficial for supporting the health of tissues that need it. The decline in collagen production in your body begins around the age of 25 to 30 and becomes more pronounced over time. This can then lead to various signs of aging such as wrinkles, sagging skin and joint pain.
We can only encourage you to consider supplementing your collagen intake from the age of 30, depending on your sensitivity to the effects of aging. The recommended dose is generally between 10 and 20 grams a day. It is important, however, to pay attention to the origin of the product used. Marine collagen offers an effective alternative with lower doses than other sources.
Marine collagen: what are the benefits of this dietary supplement?
This supplement is beneficial to health thanks to its high amino acid and vitamin content. It offers benefits for skin, joints, hair and nails. Scientific studies have shown that it also improves skin elasticity, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, moisturizes the skin and protects against sun damage. What’s more, regular consumption is likely to increase skin hydration and significantly reduce wrinkles.
As far as your joints are concerned, marine collagen will help maintain your health by reducing pain and stiffness, while improving their mobility after taking it daily for 8 weeks.
It should also be noted that marine collagen is rich in types I and III, essential not only for maintaining the structural integrity of your dermis, but also that of your muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones.
- Bioavailable Collagen Peptides Powder ---- Our Marine Collagen is made from the scales of fresh, non-GMO, wild-caught white fish off the coast of Alaska. It’s highly bioavailable, digestible and soluble in cold water.
- Health Beneficial ---- Marine collagen peptides can be digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits. Helps improve the health of your hair, skin, nails, joints and ligaments, and tendons**.
- Easy to Use ---- Soluble in hot or cold liquids, including coffee, smoothies, and tea. 1-2 scoops a day is all you need! It can be taken in the morning, afternoon or in the evening.
- Dietary Compliant ---- Paleo Friendly & Whole30 Approved. No added sugars or sweeteners. Made without gluten / cholesterol / mercury / dairy. Flavorless.
- 12g Collagen Powder per Serving ---- We provide a scoop to measure it, which 2 scoops of powder = 12g. That's also why the container isn’t full and just has to leave room for the scoop. And our product quantity based on weight, not canister size.
- High Quality & Great Price: Amandean Marine Collagen Peptides are sourced from wild-caught fish in the pristine waters of the North Atlantic. Unflavored, easy to mix, and enzymatically processed to keep the peptides intact. Single ingredient from a transparent and sustainable source. Pescatarian friendly!
- Age Gracefully: Packed with natural glycine, known as the “anti-aging amino”, supports smooth clear skin, strong nails, and full shiny hair. Help clear up skin problems with natural pescatarian nutrition. Collagen protein has similar benefits as bone broth.
- Heal Your Body From The Inside: We need a collagen supplement to replace that which is lost as we age. After 30, our collagen levels start to drop by 1.5% per year. A gut friendly protein that supports a healthy metabolism, muscles, joints, bones, ligaments, and cartilage for better mobility. Quicker exercise recovery for both men and women!
- Don't Settle For Less: Beware of collagen hydrolysate made from farm raised fish that are packed full of hormones and antibiotics. Our fish gelatin is hydrolyzed to a low 3000 Dalton molecular weight for maximum bioavailability. Compare our container, which is 500g = 1.1lbs = 17.6oz.
- 90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee: A trusted company that cares about customers. All batches are third-party lab tested for quality and safety. Fuel your workouts. Heal your body. Look your best. Great alternative to beef collagen or to whey protein. We're plastic neutral too! We remove as much plastic waste as we use.
- Hydrolysate - no added flavors or colors. Tasteless and high in protein content.
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Type I Hydrolyzed Collagen - Great for skin, nails, hair and joint flexibility
- Product of France, Packed in California
- Great for coffee, smoothies, sauces and more! Paleo and Keto friendly!
Last update on 2024-02-09 / As an Amazon Partner, I make a profit on qualifying purchases./ Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How can you use marine collagen?
There are a multitude of ways to exploit its regenerative and firming properties. To make the most of its benefits, I recommend taking dietary supplements based on marine collagen peptides or hydrolysate, which are easily assimilated by your body to improve skin elasticity.
You can also incorporate marine collagen into smoothies or drinks to optimize its beneficial effects on the skin. Collagen drinks are ideal for reducing wrinkles and strengthening skin tissue.
What’s more, combining marine collagen with other nutrients will enable you to potentiate its effects. Vitamin C, for example, will promote its assimilation while protecting against oxidative stress. Hyaluronic acid or silica added topically will offer an additional anti-aging effect.
In addition, minerals such as copper help maintain joint and connective tissue health, while magnesium promotes muscle recovery. Finally, vitamin D3 provides essential immune support and bone strengthening.
Are there any drawbacks to taking marine collagen?
Consumption of marine collagen can sometimes present inconveniences linked to the quality and origin of the product. It is therefore essential to choose a supplement from a reliable source, with guaranteed traceability and sustainable farming practices.
In addition, taking this supplement may cause side effects such as stomach upset, bloating or nausea. Before taking any supplement, it is important to consult the manufacturer’s instructions and, if necessary, your doctor, especially if you are pregnant or have any specific medical conditions
Or course, we starting a new medicine, please talk with your health care provider before starting any new prescription !