At some point, you’ve got to ditch the cheap watches of your youth and invest in a quality time piece instead. The best watches are ones that look good, and can stand, well—the test of time.
Here’s 20 of the best brands out there.
- Yes, Casio is a brand that conjures up images of stretchy, digital bracelets. But—despite its retro association—the collections today are decidedly modern and forward-thinking.
- Quick—think of a watch brand! Did Timex come to mind? There’s a reason for that, and its watch collection today boasts styles that are effortlessly cool in a vintage sort of way.
- Oliver Coen makes handsome, robust watches that are crafted from surgical steel. With a lifetime warranty, free repairs and replacements, you know your investment here will last.
- When the Scandinavians decide to shake things up, the result is TRIWA, which stands for ‘Transforming the Industry of Watches.’
- If you prefer sleek, classic-style watches, Mondaine makes a selection of Swiss time pieces sure to make a statement.
- Affordable aviation-inspired pieces can be found at AVI-8, a collection of watches with names like “Flyboy.”
- You may recognize the name Braun for the electric shavers it produces, but did you know they also make modern (and relatively cheap) watches? Typically priced under $200, their technicians have been crafting watches for the last 40 years.
- Whether you are making your first watch purchase, or have a few in a collection, the Seiko brand is one of the most respected watch makers out there—especially if you’re drawn to metallic and monochromatic looks.
- When the Detroit auto industry died, Shinola was born.
- Tissot is a classic brand that had the foresight to begin mass-producing its pocket watches back in the mid-1850s. Today, their watches exude simplistic and classic dials that are favored by many.
- Leave it to the Germans to find an aesthetic and stick with it. Junghans is a brand whose timelessness keeps time.
- Swatch watches might have had a moment in the 80s, but don’t discount this brand’s longevity. Made in Switzerland, their modern updates include multi-dials and black chronographic plates.
- Hipster alert: be “in the know” with Boom, a modular brand of watches.
- Uniform Wares is a brand known for its, well…lack of branding. This makes it a great choice for men preferring a simplistic and elegant look, free of logos.
- Preppy, east coast royalty finds its way into every time piece designed by Tommy Hilfiger.
- If you’re a WWII buff, you’ll enjoy the history associated with Rotary, one of the only surviving British watch companies to endure from last century to present.
- The eco-conscious consumer will appreciate the time pieces offered by the Japanese company, Citizen, which contains a line whose batteries are powered by light.
- An inserting off-shoot brand by Fossil is Skagen, which boasts a minimalistic style.
- If you’re after a pop of style, the colorful watches made by Komono deliver at a great price point.
- Only in this day and age can 22 year-old college dropouts go on to create one of the coolest brands out there—and MVMT (stands for “movement”) does not disappoint.
Get my monthly newsletter with my new posts, tips and more
Your data won't be shared with any third party entity.