This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links
Many men are leveling up on their personal grooming habits, a trend more commonly known as manscaping. And while there are many hygienic and aesthetic reasons to keeping one’s body hair nice and neat, it doesn’t totally eliminate the “yikes” factor for most.
That’s where the importance of appropriate grooming tools comes in. More specifically, trimmers and clippers that get the job done without treading into No Man’s Land of cuts and nicks.
I found the best of the best when it comes to intimate grooming tools: the Meridian Trimmer. But before we get into what makes this particular tool stand out, let’s first review why below-the-belt grooming is necessary.
Top 5 Reasons to Shave Your Pubes
- Chafing — Ever choose the wrong pair of briefs and spend a day adjusting to no avail? Part of the reason these unpleasant days occur is because of body hair rubbing in all the wrong places. Chafing over time can lead to irritation and inflammation on your skin, a painful cycle that can be tricky to break free from.
- Body Odor — For those that work out regularly, you’ll know all to well the amount of moisture from sweat that can get trapped in your scruff. When that sweat mixes with the bacteria present on your skin, unpleasant body odors can arise. On the other hand, keeping your pubes trimmed naturally results in less heat and moisture, and that translates into less overall odor.
- Cleanliness — While it’s more or less a misconception that the presence of pubes equals being unclean in any way, more than half of all men (and women) cite this as a reason for personal grooming. What is true, is that the perception is definitely there, and feeling clean is in the eye of the beholder.
- Confidence — Getting in the habit of any self-care ritual is bound to make you take pride in yourself. One bonus side effect of keeping pubes trimmed—everything left standing appears much bigger by comparison.
- Appearance — Word on the street is that men and women both prefer the appearance of a smooth nether region…so much so, in fact, that there’s a strong correlation between trimming upkeep and oral sex frequency. If that’s not reason enough to get grooming, I don’t know what is!
The Meridian Trimmer
When it comes to personal grooming, men have the option of waxing, shaving, and trimming.
Far and away, trimming comes with the most control and the least “ouch” factor. But not all trimmers are created equal, and you definitely get what you pay for. The best thing about trimmers is that they leave the skin intact.
In general, it is recommended to leave a layer of stubble; typically 1 inch or less is the right balance between getting the appearance and feel you want, without causing any type of razor burn or irritation that will lead to itching.
I like the Meridian Trimmer because it’s waterproof, which means you can get the job done in the shower, when hair is naturally softer and easier to work with.
The trimmer is available in The Complete Package, which includes a citrus-infused spray – used alongside the Trimmer, it helps to reduce odors and skin irritation, which can be very unpleasant in this part of the body.
This trimmer has the gold standard—ceramic blades—which are important to reduce painful pulls and tugs. The blades themselves are rust-resistant, and are meant to be replaced every 3 months to keep up with hygiene. (Trust me, you’ll only use an old blade once, and suffer the consequences for weeks to come!)
Depending on your desired hair length preferences, the Meridian Trimmer comes with two adjustable guides, and maintains a vibration-free 6,000 strokes/min. Overall, this trimmer has everything you need, and nothing you don’t, making it the no-brainer grooming tool that every guy ought to have on hand.